Football fans attending the NFL’s opening game between the New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys on Wednesday, Sept. 5 can avoid the hassles of traffic, tolls and parking by taking advantage of NJ Transit’s Meadowlands Rail Line service to MetLife Stadium.
If you are heading to the game from Monmouth County, catch a train on the North Jersey Coast Line toward New York City and transfer for the Meadowlands Rail Line at Secaucus Junction. NJ Transit customers can also transfer to the Meadowlands Rail Line at Hoboken Terminal.
On Wednesday, September 5, rail service to MetLife Stadium will begin at 3:50 p.m. from Hoboken and 4 p.m. from Secaucus. The final Meadowlands-bound train will depart Hoboken at 9 p.m. and Secaucus at 9:10 p.m. The last train after the game from the Meadowlands Sports Complex to Secaucus and Hoboken will not depart Meadowlands Rail Station any earlier then 12:40 a.m.
NJ Transit is advising its regular rail customers to expect additional crowds onboard trains and at stations, and to listen for possible track changes at Secaucus Junction.
For specific trip times, train connections and return trips, visit njtransit.com/meadowlands and use the online Trip Planner.
If you are traveling from New York to MetLife Stadium via the Meadowlands Rail Line, you can purchase and print special train tickets online in advance. The online ticketing option allows customers to purchase round-trip adult tickets from NY Penn Station to the Meadowlands Sport Complex only. Up to eight tickets may be purchased in one transaction, and tickets can only be used for the specific event they are purchased for.
NJ Transit is offering the following travel tips to Wednesday’s game:
- Purchase round-trip tickets in advance from any NJ TRANSIT rail ticket vending machine or ticket window. Select “Meadowlands Sports Complex” as your destination. New York customers may purchase their tickets online at njtransit.com.
- Customers connecting from Northeast Corridor or North Jersey Coast Line trains must use their ticket to pass through the fare gates at Secaucus Junction. Each ticket will open the fare gate one time.
- Trains to the Meadowlands depart from the lower level.
- Plan your trip online at njtransit.com/meadowlands to get information on connecting trains at Secaucus Junction or Hoboken Terminal, specific fares and parking at stations.
- For evening games, we encourage customers to plan ahead for the return trip—make sure to note your last train departure, especially if you are connecting at Secaucus.
- New York customers may wish to consider traveling via PATH to Hoboken Terminal, where they can get a one-seat ride to the Meadowlands.
For schedule and fare information, visit njtransit.com or call 973-275-5555.