Editor’s note: The following information was obtained from the Aberdeen Township Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 265 calls for service between Oct. 17 and Oct. 23, 2012, including eleven suspicious persons/vehicles; 16 alarms; 17 first aid calls; seven motor vehicle crashes; four thefts; four domestic violence incidents, five noise complaints; two criminal mischief incidents, seven disorderly persons, two burglaries, and 87 motor vehicle stops, according to Chief John Powers. Officers also issued 53 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police made the following arrests October 17, 2012 through October 23, 2012:
- A 44-year-old Matawan man was arrested for violating a court order on Oct. 17. P.O. Matthew McDow was the arresting officer.
- P.O. Brian Alberti arrested a 20-year-old Aberdeen man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on Oct. 19.
- P.O. Christopher DeSarno arrested a 24-year-old Middletown man for possession of marijuana under 50 grams, possession of drug paraphernalia, and contempt of court out of Middletown municipal court following an incident on Warren Drive on Oct. 19.
- Greg D. Walters, 28, Keansburg, was charged with driving while intoxicated, reckless driving, possession of CDS in a motor vehicle, possession of marijuana under 50 grams, and possession of drug paraphernalia following a motor vehicle stop on Highway 34 on Oct. 20. P.O. Raymond Campbell made the arrest.
- P.O. John Zeller arrested a 23-year-old Aberdeen man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on October 21.
- P.O. Frank Maisano arrested a 31-year-old Aberdeen man for simple assault following an incident on Hawthorne St. on Oct. 22.
- P.O. Darryl Richardson arrested a 21-year-old Newark man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on Oct. 22.
- A 33-year-old Hazlet man was arrested for contempt of court out of East Brunswick and Warren Twp. Municipal courts following a motor vehicle stop on Line Rd. on Oct. 23. P.O. Michael Lasko and P.O. John Young were arresting officers.
- P.O. Michael Lasko arrested a 43-year-old Aberdeen man for contempt of court out of Monroe municipal court on Oct. 23.
Other police activity during that period:
- P.O. John Young responded to a report of a disorderly person at the Krauszer’s store, South Concourse, on Oct. 17.
- On Oct. 18 an attendant at the Singin gas station reported a customer left without paying for gas. P.O. Michael Lasko investigated.
- On Oct. 19 a resident of Pond St. reported that someone entered her unlocked vehicle sometime during the night and took articles of clothing. P.O. Gus Grivas responded.
- On Oct. 19 a County Rd. resident reported someone fraudulently withdrew funds from her bank account. P.O. Frank Maisano responded.
- P.O. Christopher DeSarno investigated an assault and bicycle theft near the Ice Cream Palace store, Highway 34, on Oct. 20.
- On Oct. 22 a resident of Atlantic Ave. reported the fraudulent use of his debit card. P.O. Anthony Valentino investigated.
- Sometime between Oct. 21 and Oct. 23 someone entered a residence on Greenwood Ave. through a rear kitchen window. A quantity of jewelry was reported taken. P.O. John Young responded and Det. Louis Nanna is conducting the follow-up investigation. Anyone with information should contact the detective bureau at 732-566-2054.