Aberdeen PD: Simple Assault, DWI
A look at police activity in Aberdeen Township between Jan. 23 and Jan. 29, 2013.
The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 309 calls for service between January 23 and January 29, 2013, including 14 suspicious persons/vehicles; 20 alarms; 16 first aid calls; seven motor vehicle crashes; one theft; six domestic violence incidents, three noise complaints; one criminal mischief incident, three disorderly person, and 91 motor vehicle stops, according to Police Chief John Powers. Officers also issued 77 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police made the following arrests January 23 through January 29:
- P.O. John Zeller arrested a 41-year-old Keyport woman for contempt of court out of Marlboro municipal court on January 24.
- Gregory R. Reardon, 24, Prests Mill Rd., Old Bridge, was charged with driving while intoxicated and reckless driving following a motor vehicle stop on Highway 34 on January 25. P.O. Frank Maisano was the arresting officer and was assisted by P.O. John Zeller.
- P.O. Martin Walsh arrested a 31-year-old Wayside Drive man for a non-support warrant out of Monmouth County on January 26.
- P.O. Frank Maisano arrested a 29-year-old Keyport man for contempt of court out of Middletown municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Hwy. 34 on January 27. He was also charged with hindering his own apprehension and driving while suspended.
- A 33-year-old Staten Island man was charged with simple assault and harassment following an incident at Matawan Terrace apartments on January 27. P.O. Mary Johnston was the arresting officer.
- P.O. Michael Lasko arrested a 52-year-old Manalapan man on a contempt of court warrant out of Aberdeen municipal court on January 27.
- P.O. Anthony Marone arrested a 44-year-old Marlboro man for contempt of court out of Wall municipal court following an incident at the Aberdeen train station on January 27.
- Russell S. Coven, 26, Edgeview Rd., Aberdeen, was charged with possession of heroin and possession of a hypodermic syringe on January 27 after a motor vehicle stop on Grove St. He was also wanted on a contempt of court warrant out of Newark municipal court. P.O. Anthony Marone was the arresting officer.
- P.O. Craig Hausmann arrested a 24-year-old Matawan man for contempt of court out of Asbury Park and Ocean Twp. municipal courts on January 28.
- P.O. Mary Johnston arrested a 20-year-old Neptune man for contempt of court out of Perth Amboy municipal court on January 29.
- P.O. Anthony Marone charged a 49-year-old Marlboro man with harassment and violation of a court order on January 29.
Other police activity during that period:
- P.O. Gus Grivas responded to a report of harassment on Fayette Lane on January 23.
- On January 23 an employee of the 7-11 store on Hwy. 34 reported he was threatened by a customer. P.O. Frank Maisano responded.
- P.O. Christopher DeSarno investigated a report of phone harassment on Atlantic Ave. on January 24.
- On January 24 someone took copper ground wire from a JCP&L pole on Lakeshore Dr. P.O. Anthony Valentino responded and Sgt. Hank Chevalier is continuing the investigation.
- P.O. Craig Hausmann responded to a report of an assault at the Shop Rite store, Lloyd Rd., on January 26.
- On January 28 P.O. Michael Plant charged a Matawan man with being an unlicensed driver following a motor vehicle crash on Rte. 516.
- On January 28 a 19-year-old Matawan man reported he was assaulted at a Hwy. 34 bar on January 25. P.O. Michael Lasko took the report.
- P.O. Mary Johnston responded to a report of an assault at a Bayview St. residence on January 29.