Five people filed petitions to fill four open spots on the Matawan Aberdeen Regional Board of Education by Tuesday's 4 p.m. deadline, according to the Monmouth County Board of Elections.
There are (3) three-year seats and (1) one-year unexpired term, according to business administrator James Strimple. Board vice president Elizabeth Hayward, Kenneth Aitken and Gerald Donaghue currently hold the three-year seats and Patricia Phillips currently holds the one-year term.
Here are the candidates who have filed petitions with ten or more signatures to run in the election, according to the Monmouth County Board of Elections. Incumbents are indicated by (I):
- Kenneth Aitken (I), of 65 Juniper Place, Aberdeen
- Elizabeth Hayword (I), of 11 Iona Place, Aberdeen
- Patricia Phillips (I), of 321 Edgeview Road, Keyport
- James Macomber, of 50 Jubilee Circle, Aberdeen
- Tara Martinez, of 408 Shady Nook Street, Cliffwood Beach
Gerald Donaghue will not run for reelection. The election will take place in November.