Seven days after Hurricane Sandy made landfall in New Jersey, most of Aberdeen Township is still without power.
As a result, polling locations in Aberdeen must be moved in order to accomodate the Nov. 6 election.
There will only be two polling locations open on Tuesday. One will be at the Aberdeen Township Municipal Building at 1 Aberdeen Square and the other will be at the Aberdeen Fire Dist. No. 1 on Lloyd Road.
Below is a list of which district will vote at which location:
- District 1 will move from Cliffwood firehouse to Municipal Building (One Aberdeen Square)
- District 2 will move from Cliffwood Firehouse to Municipal Building
- District 3 will move from VFW to Municipal Building
- District 4 will move from VFW to Municipal Building
- District 5 will move from Cross of Glory to Municipal building
- District 6 will move from High School to Municipal building
- District 7 will move from EMS building to Aberdeen Firehouse (Lloyd Road)
- District 8 will stay the same.
- District 9 will move from EMS building to Aberdeen Firehouse (Lloyd Road)
- District 10 will stay same
- District 11 will stay same
- District 12 will move from Cross of Glory to Municipal building
- District 13 will move from High School to Municipal Building
If you do not know your voting district, you can find out online by entering your address.
Walk-in voting is permitted today until 4:30 p.m. at the Monmouth County Clerk of Elections Office, located at 300 Halls Mill Road, Freehold.
Voting information for Matawan is available here.