The following is a list of crimes and incidents reported in Aberdeen between Feb. 12 and Feb. 18. The police blotter is provided directly by the Aberdeen Township Police Department and is reproduced here, unedited.
- Special Officer Joseph Mason arrested a 35-year-old Rahway man on contempt warrants out of Aberdeen municipal court on February 12.
- P.O. Anthony Marone arrested a 36-year-old township woman on a contempt warrant out of Sayreville municipal court on February 12.
- On February 12 P.O. Frank Maisano arrested a 23-year-old Bound Brook man on a warrant out of Somerset County.
- P.O. Darryl Richardson arrested a 41-year-old township man on a contempt warrant out of Aberdeen municipal court on February 14.
- P.O. Anthony Marone arrested a 24-year-old Elizabeth man on a contempt warrant out of Union Twp. municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Hwy. 35 on February 15.
- P.O. Mary Johnston arrested a 41-year-old township woman on contempt warrants out of Aberdeen and Matawan municipal courts on February 16.
- On February 16 P.O. Matthew McDow took a 17-year-old township youth into custody for possession of marijuana under 50 grams following an incident on Lloyd Rd.
- On February 17 P.O. Michael Lasko arrested a 31-year-old Vineland man for harassment and violation of a court order related to an incident on Juniper Pl.
- P.O. Roger Peter arrested a 28-year-old township man on contempt warrants out of Aberdeen and Middletown municipal courts following a motor vehicle stop on Lloyd Rd. on February 17.
- On February 18 P.O. Vito Turchiano took a 17-year-old township youth into custody for possession of narcotics paraphernalia.
Other police activity included:
- On February 12 an AT&T employee reported the theft of a copper buss bar valued at $200 from a cellular tower facility on Jersey Ave. P.O. Gus Grivas took the report.
- P.O. Anthony Marone responded to Ken Garden apartments, Matawan Ave., on February 13 on a report of harassment.
- On February 14 P.O. Frank Maisano responded to a burglary of a residence on Wayside Dr. Det. Manny Carabel is continuing the investigation.
- A Woodmere Dr. resident reported the unauthorized use of her debit card number. P.O. Anthony Marone investigated.
- On February 15 P.O. Jeffrey Griffith responded to a report of disorderly persons at Peachtree Village, County Rd.
- A township public works employee reported being harassed by a resident on Imperia Place on February 15. Det. Sgt. Michael O’Dwyer is investigating.
- On February 16 P.O. Mary Johnston responded to a dispute between two motorists on Hwy. 35.
- P.O. Jeffrey Griffith responded to a report of a disorderly juvenile at Tree Haven III apartments, Aberdeen Rd. on February 16.
- P.O. John Young responded to a Seawood Dr. residence on February 17 on a report of harassment.
- P.O. Michael Lasko responded to an Anna Ave. residence on February 18 on a report of harassment.
- A resident of Peachtree Village, County Rd., reported the fraudulent use of her credit card. P.O. John Young took the report.
Officers responded to or initiated 238 calls for service between February 12 and February 18, 2014, including 11 suspicious persons/vehicles; 20 alarms; 21 first aid calls; 23 motor vehicle crashes; five disorderly persons, one domestic violence incident, one burglary, one theft, one assault, and 33 motor vehicle stops. Officers issued 56 motor vehicle summonses.