A portion of Broadway in Keyport was closed Monday afternoon as firefighters from multiple Bayshore towns worked to put out a fire in a home on Provost Avenue.
According to emergency personnel, the fire was reported around 1 p.m. Firefighters on the scene were able to contain it to a small portion of the home and the fire was put out shortly before 1:30 p.m.
According to Police Chief George Casaletto, preliminary investigation shows the fire likely began in the area of the chimney. No injuries were reported.
The roadway was reopened around 2 p.m.
The Keyport First Aid Squad and firefighters from Aberdeen, Matawan and Union Beach were also called to the scene.