The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 343 calls for service between Aug. 21 and Aug. 27, 2013, including 20 suspicious persons or vehicles, 17 alarms, 12 first aid calls, 10 motor vehicle crashes, five thefts, one disorderly persons, six criminal mischief incidents, three noise complaints, three burglaries, and 155 motor vehicle stops, according to Police Chief John Powers. Officers also issued 125 motor vehicle summonses.
Chief Powers reports the following incidents between Aug. 21 and Aug. 27 in Aberdeen Township:
- A resident of Oxford Lane reported that sometime between July 1 and Aug. 21 someone took jewelry from the home. Officer John Zeller took the report.
- Officer Darryl Richardson investigated the burglary of an Ambler Lane residence on Aug. 22. Entry was gained through a kitchen window. Detective Louis Nanna is investigating.
- On Aug. 22 a Greenwood Drive resident reported someone entered her unlocked vehicle during the night and removed some documents. Officer Gus Grivas responded.
- On Aug. 23 a Deerfield Lane resident reported the theft of his wallet from his unlocked car while it was parked at Matawan Regional High School. Officer John Young took the report.
- On Aug. 24 Officer Michael Lasko investigated the theft of a bicycle on Cliffwood Avenue.
- On Aug. 27 a White Oak Lane resident reported someone entered his unlocked vehicle during the night and removed personal items. Officer Gus Grivas responded.
- On Aug. 27 it was reported that sometime during the night someone took a spool of copper wire and other copper pieces valued at approximately $4,000 from a construction storage area on Amboy Avenue. Officer Darryl Richardson took the report.
- On Aug. 21 a Sue Anne Court resident reported receiving harassing phone calls. Officer Darryl Richardson took the report.
- On Aug. 22 a County Road resident reported receiving harassing text messages. Officer Anthony Marone took the report.
- On Aug. 25 a resident of Cliffwood Avenue reported receiving threatening phone calls. Officer Jeffrey Griffith took the report.
- On Aug. 23 a Warren Drive resident reported his vehicle was scratched while parked at Shop Rite, Lloyd Rd. Officer John Young took the report.
- The mailboxes in front of two Van Brakle Road residences were reported damaged on Aug. 24. Officer John Young responded.
- On Aug. 24 the owner of Advanced Tire and Auto, Hwy. 35, reported damage to a bay door. Officer Michael Lasko responded.
- Officer Edgar Serrano responded to a report of disorderly persons on Netherwood Drive on Aug. 26.
- Officer Michael Lasko responded to a landlord/tenant dispute on Lakeshore Drive on Aug. 26.
- Officer Jeffrey Griffith took a report of a suspicious vehicle on North Concourse on Aug. 26.