- Special Officer Ronald Osadacz arrested a 19-year-old township woman on a contempt warrant out of Aberdeen municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Hwy. 35 on March 5.
- P.O. Matthew McDow arrested a 21-year-old township man on a contempt warrant out of Aberdeen municipal court on March 5.
- William J. Dalton, 48, Brookside Ave., Aberdeen, was charged with simple assault and weapons offenses following an incident at his residence on March 7, 2014. During the initial investigation of the assault, Mr. Dalton was found to be in possession of three rifles. Special Officer Joseph Mason and P.O. Brian Alberti were the arresting officers.
- P.O. Raymond Campbell arrested a 44-year-old Maple Shade man on contempt warrants out of Washington Twp. and Hamilton Twp. municipal courts following a motor vehicle stop on Hwy. 35 on March 7.
- Dawn J. Markulin, 42, Aberdeen, was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest following an incident on West Prospect Ave. on March 8. P.O. Frank Maisano and P.O. Raymond Campbell were the arresting officers.
- P.O. John Zeller arrested a 35-year-old East Orange man on a contempt warrant out of Middletown municipal court on March 10.
- On March 11 P.O. Mary Johnston took a 15-year-old township youth into custody for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Other police activity included:
- On March 6 a box truck containing construction tools and material was reported stolen from a work site on Hwy. 35. The truck was subsequently recovered in Newark, but the tools and other items worth approximately $10,000 were missing. P.O. Mary Johnston conducted the initial investigation and detectives are continuing the investigation.
- A resident of Wilson Ave. reported receiving harassing phone calls on March 6. P.O. Matthew McDow took the report.
- On March 6 P.O. Jeffrey Griffith responded to a report of an assault at Ross Field, Cliffwood Ave.
- On March 6 a resident of Idlebrook Lane reported someone attempted to open a credit card account in his name. P.O. Matthew McDow took the report.
- On March 8 a Beverly Dr. resident reported someone damaged the siding of his home with a golf ball. P.O. Darryl Richardson responded.
- On March 8 an employee at AMF Lanes, Hwy. 34, reported her wallet containing cash and gift cards was stolen. P.O. Gus Grivas took the report. Sgt. Hank Chevalier is investigating.
- On March 10 P.O. Darryl Richardson responded to a report of harassment on Cliffwood Ave.
- P.O. Vito Turchiano responded to a report of criminal mischief to a keypad and electrical outlet at the Matawan Aberdeen Middle School on March 10.
- Officers responded to a report of a missing person on Atlantic Ave. on March 10. The individual subsequently returned home. P.O. John Zeller and P.O. Edgar Serrano investigated.
Officers responded to or initiated 296 calls for service between March 5 and March 11, 2014, including eight suspicious persons/vehicles; 16 alarms; 16 first aid calls; eight motor vehicle crashes; five disorderly persons, four domestic violence incidents, two thefts, three noise complaints, two criminal mischief incidents, and 113 motor vehicle stops. Officers issued 99 motor vehicle summonses.