The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 283 calls for service between March 6 and March 12, 2013, including eight suspicious persons/vehicles; twelve alarms; 14 first aid calls; 16 motor vehicle crashes; five thefts; five domestic violence incidents, three disorderly persons, one criminal mischief, and 82 motor vehicle stops, according to Chief John Powers. Officers also issued 70 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police made the following arrests March 6, 2013 through March 12, 2013:
- On March 6 Det. Louis Nanna arrested a 31-year-old Old Bridge woman for shoplifting at the Shop Rite store, Lloyd Rd., on February 12.
- P.O. John Zeller arrested a 55-year-old Keansburg man on a contempt of court warrant out of Aberdeen municipal court on March 6.
- P.O. Anthony Valentino arrested a 26-year-old township woman on contempt warrants out of Asbury Park and Wall Township municipal courts on March 6.
- A 16-year-old Middletown youth was charged with shoplifting on March 7 at the A & P store, Hwy. 35. P.O. Christopher DeSarno was the arresting officer.
- P.O. Michael Lasko arrested a 29-year-old Matawan man on contempt warrants out of Perth Amboy and Hazlet municipal courts following an incident on Atlantic Ave. on March 8.
- P.O. Roger Peter arrested a 30-year-old Marlboro man on a contempt warrant out of Franklin Twp. municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Hwy. 34 on March 8.
- Two Matawan men and one township man were arrested for disorderly conduct following a disturbance in the parking lot of the Blue Rock Café, Amboy Ave., on March 9. P.O. Craig Hausmann and P.O. Anthony Marone.
- P.O. Frank Maisano arrested a 24-year-old Keyport woman on a contempt warrant out of Hazlet municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Atlantic Ave. on March 9.
- On March 11 Erik A. Williams, 21, Aberdeen, was arrested for resisting arrest on February 18 on Greenwood Ave. Det. Manuel Carabel was the arresting officer.
- A 20-year-old township man was charged with obstruction of justice and possession of marijuana following an incident on Idlewild Lane on March 12. P.O. Anthony Marone was the arresting officer.
Other police activity during that period:
- On March 6 P.O. John Zeller responded to a report of a suspicious person on Lakeshore Drive.
- On March 7 a female subject was seen shoplifting items from the A&P store, Hwy. 35. She fled when approached by store security. P.O. John Zeller responded.
- P.O. Frank Maisano took a report of harassing phone calls at Matawan Terrace apartments on March 8.
- On March 8 P.O. John Young investigated a report of a suspicious person on County Rd.
- On March 10 P.O. Michael Lasko responded to a report of disorderly conduct on Greenwood Ave.
- A resident of West Prospect Ave. reported that someone entered his unlocked vehicle and removed an amount of change on March 11. P.O. John Young took the report.
- P.O. Martin Walsh took a report of harassment on Bayview St. on March 12.
- On March 12 the owner of the Raceway gas station, Hwy. 34, reported a male subject entered his vehicle and took a deposit bag, which contained nothing of value. P.O. John Zeller investigated.
- On March 12 a female subject took some food items from the WaWa store, Hwy. 35. P.O. Martin Walsh responded.