The responded to or initiated 262 calls for service between July 11 and July 17, 2012, including 11 suspicious persons/vehicles; 17 alarms; 25 first aid calls; 17 motor vehicle crashes; two burglaries; four thefts; four domestic violence incidents, five noise complaints; and 77 motor vehicle stops, according to Chief of Police John Powers. Officers also issued 60 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police made the following arrests July 11, 2012 through July 17, 2012:
- On July 11 P.O. Anthony Marone arrested a 37-year-old Matawan woman for contempt of court out of Woodbridge municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Shore Concourse. A 34-year-old Matawan woman was also arrested on the same stop for contempt of court out of Perth Amboy and Aberdeen municipal courts.
- A 24-year-old Keyport man was charged with simple assault and criminal mischief by P.O. Edgar Serrano following an incident on Lloyd Road and Highway 34 on July 11 at 4:45 a.m.
- On July 11 P.O. Roger Peter arrested a 58-year-old Wall man for contempt of court out of Belmar and Elizabeth municipal courts following a motor vehicle stop on South Atlantic Ave.
- A 23-year-old Aberdeen man was charged with simple assault and criminal mischief by P.O. Louis Nanna following an incident at Peachtree Village, County Rd. on July 12.
- On July 14 P.O. Jeffrey Griffith arrested a 53-year-old Aberdeen woman for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court.
- A 24-year-old Aberdeen man was charged with simple assault and obstruction of justice by P.O. Jeffrey Griffith following an incident at Avalon apartments, Central Ave., on July 15 at 1:15 AM.
- A 38- year-old Aberdeen man was arrested for contempt of court out of Marlboro municipal court on July 16 on County Rd. P.O. John Zeller was the arresting officer.
Other police activity during that period:
- On July 11 P.O. Mary Johnston responded to a report of harassment on Beaver Place.
- On July 11 P.O. Louis Nanna investigated a report of harassment on Lorraine Drive.
- P.O. Jeffrey Griffith found an open window at the Cliffwood Ave. School at approximately 12:35 a.m.
- P.O. Mary Johnston responded to a report of criminal mischief on Avondale Lane on July 12.
- On July 12 a resident of Delaware Ave. reported an incident of internet fraud. P.O. Louis Nanna investigated.
- Sometime during the day on July 12 someone attempted to gain entry to a residence on Gulden Street through a bathroom window. P.O. Louis Nanna investigated.
- On July 13 P.O. Michael Lasko investigated a report of a suspicious person on Arbordale Dr.
- The owner of a Salem Place home reported that sometime between July 9 and July 13 someone removed the air compressor valued at $3,000 from his central air conditioning unit. P.O. Matthew McDow took the report.
- P.O. Raymond Campbell responded to a report of harassment on County Rd. on July 14.
- On July 15 a Union resident reported her 2011 BMW was damaged while parked at the WAWA on Highway 35. P.O. Raymond Campbell responded.
- A Sweetbriar St. resident reported that someone broke a window to enter the home sometime during the day on July 15. Nothing was reported taken. P.O. John Zeller investigated.
- On July 15 a former township resident reported that someone opened several fraudulent utility accounts in her name. P.O. John Zeller took the report.
- On July 15 five individuals were issued several summonses for local ordinance violations after having been found on the Cliffwood beachfront after hours by P.O. Frank Maisano and P.O. John Zeller.
- On July 16 P.O. Darryl Richardson responded to a report of the fraudulent use of a credit card at a Highway 35 car dealership.
- A Mystic Court resident reported harassment to P.O. Gus Grivas on July 17.
- P.O. Martin Walsh responded to a report of shoplifting at the CVS store, South Atlantic Ave., on July 17.
- P.O. Christopher DeSarno responded to a report of shoplifting at the Shop Rite store, Lloyd Rd., on July 17.
Editor's note: An arrest does not indicate a conviction.