Editor’s note: The following information was obtained from the Aberdeen Township Police Department. An arrest does not indicated a conviction.
The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 269 calls for service between Oct. 3 and Oct. 9, 2012, including 15 suspicious persons/vehicles; 16 alarms; 15 first aid calls; 12 motor vehicle crashes; one theft; three domestic violence incidents, five noise complaints; one criminal mischief incident, four disorderly persons, and 99 motor vehicle stops, according to Chief John Powers. Officers also issued 79 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police made the following arrests October 3, 2012 through October 9, 2012:
- On October 3 Det. Manny Carabel arrested a 49-year-old Sayreville man for issuing bad checks.
- P.O. Frank Maisano arrested an 18-year-old Aberdeen man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on October 4.
- A 49-year-old Marlboro man was charged with harassment following an incident on Andover Lane on October 5. P.O. Martin Walsh was the arresting officer.
- P.O. Martin Walsh arrested a 65-year-old Aberdeen man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on October 6.
- P.O. John Zeller arrested a 31-year-old Union Beach man for contempt of court out of South River municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Hwy. 35 on October 7.
- P.O. Michael Lasko arrested a 46-year-old Aberdeen man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on October 7.
- P.O. Anthony Marone arrested a 25-year-old Aberdeen woman for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on October 7.
- Roberto J. Luaces, 60, County Rd. was charged with simple assault and resisting arrest following an incident in Peachtree Village condominiums, County Rd., on October 7. P.O. Jeffrey Griffith and P.O. Anthony Marone were the arresting officers.
- P.O. Anthony Marone arrested a 33-year-old Matawan man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on October 7.
- On October 3 P.O. Darryl Richardson responded to a report of a disorderly person at Tree Haven III apartments, Aberdeen Rd.
- On October 4 a Cliffwood Ave. resident reported he interrupted a female subject stealing money from his vehicle, which was parked in his driveway. The female fled on foot. P.O. Frank Maisano investigated.
- P.O. Martin Walsh responded to a report of a disorderly person on Raritan St. on October 5.
- On October 5 P.O. Christopher DeSarno took a report of harassment on Island Place.
- P.O. Martin Walsh responded to a report of harassing phone calls at Ken Garden apartments, Matawan Ave. on October 6.
- On October 7 P.O. Michael Lasko took a report of harassment on Belaire Ct.
- P.O. Mary Johnston responded to a report that someone cut the lock on a gate at the SET building on County Rd. on October 9. Nothing was reported stolen.
- On October 9 a Cliffwood Ave. resident reported that someone had attempted to open a credit card account using her identity. Special Officer Michael Scarpa investigated.
- On October 9 P.O. Jeffrey Griffith responded to a report of a suspicious person on Atlantic Ave.