The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 256 calls for service between June 20 and June 26, 2012, including 11 suspicious persons/vehicles; 20 alarms; 16 first aid calls; 12 motor vehicle crashes; two burglaries; ten thefts; five disorderly persons; four noise complaints; and 72 motor vehicle stops, according to Chief of Police John Powers. Officers also issued 53 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police made the following arrests June 20, 2012 through June 26, 2012:
- On June 20 P.O. Louis Nanna arrested a 24-year-old Aberdeen man for contempt of court out of Freehold Township municipal court.
- Jason P. Mettrock, 18, of Glenmere Way, Aberdeen, was following a collision on June 21 at approximately 1:53 AM on Lloyd Rd. near Cambridge Dr. P.O. Raymond Campbell was the investigating officer.
- A 45-year-old Laurence Harbor man was charged with shoplifting at the Stop and Shop store, Highway 34, on June 22. P.O. Martin Walsh was the arresting officer.
- On June 23 P.O. John Zeller arrested a 20-year-old Marlboro resident for possession of under 50 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the parking lot of AMF Strathmore Lanes, Highway 34.
- A 28-year-old Colonia woman was charged with shoplifting at the Shop Rite store, Lloyd Rd., on June 23. P.O. Gus Grivas was the arresting officer.
- On June 24 P.O. Darryl Richardson arrested a 41-year-old Middletown resident for possession of under 50 grams of marijuana at a residence on Jersey Ave.
- On June 26 P.O. Craig Hausmann arrested a 33-year-old Aberdeen man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court.
- A 26-year-old Red Bank woman was arrested for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on June 26. P.O. Mary Johnston was the arresting officer.
- A 31-year-old Detroit, MI man was arrested for contempt of court out of Manasquan municipal on June 26. Special Officer Michael Scarpa was the arresting officer.