Editor’s note: The following information was obtained from the Aberdeen Township Police Department. An arrest does not indicated a conviction.
The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 330 calls for service between Sept. 26 and Oct. 2, 2012, including 16 suspicious persons/vehicles; 12 alarms; 20 first aid calls; three motor vehicle crashes; four thefts; five domestic violence incidents, nine noise complaints; four criminal mischief incidents, three disorderly persons, and 109 motor vehicle stops, according to Chief John Powers. Officers also issued 86 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police made the following arrests between Sept. 26 and Oct. 2, 2012:
- P.O. Anthony Valentino arrested a 24-year-old Middletown man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on September 26.
- Devante S. Jones, 19, Aberdeen, was charged with simple assault and terroristic threats in connection with an incident on Woodbine Dr. on September 26. P.O. Christopher DeSarno conducted the initial investigation.
- P.O. Matthew Lloyd arrested a 29-year-old Old Bridge man for contempt of court out of Englishtown and Tinton Falls municipal courts following a motor vehicle stop on Texas Rd. on September 27.
- P.O. Martin Walsh arrested a 41-year-old Aberdeen man for contempt of court out of Holmdel municipal court on September 27.
- A 24-year-old Aberdeen man was charged with simple assault and criminal mischief following an incident on Idlebrook Lane on September 28. P.O. Frank Maisano was the arresting officer.
- Derrick J. Frederick, 32, Matawan, was charged with burglary and criminal attempt/ sexual assault on September 28 after an investigation of an incident on May 29 at Tree Haven III apartments. Sgt. Hank Chevalier was the arresting officer.
- P.O. Michael Lasko arrested a 51-year-old Old Bridge man for contempt of court out of Spotswood municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Hwy. 34 on September 29.
- A 45-year-old Aberdeen man was charged with simple assault, harassment, and violation of a court order following two incidents on Cliffwood Ave. on September 29. P.O. John Young and P.O. Anthony Marone were the arresting officers.
- Special Officer Michael Scarpa arrested a 39-year-old Aberdeen man for contempt of court out of Hazlet municipal court following an incident on Cliffwood Ave. on September 29.
- A 27-year-old Milltown man was charged with criminal mischief following an incident at Tree Haven III apartments on September 30. P.O. John Young was the arresting officer.
- On September 26 a resident of Ken Gardens, Matawan Ave., reported the fraudulent use of her credit card. Special Officer Michael Scarpa investigated.
- On September 27 P.O. John Zeller responded to a report of criminal mischief to a video game machine at Tab Ramos Sports Center, Blair Rd.
- A vehicle parked in Ken Gardens, Matawan Ave., was entered and a quantity of cash was taken on September 28. P.O. Gus Grivas investigated.
- On September 28 a Marlboro woman reported someone attempted to take her pocketbook while she was shopping at the Shop Rite store, Lloyd Rd. P.O. Darryl Richardson investigated.
- A lock on a storage unit on County Rd. was reported pried open on September 28. No entry was gained. P.O. Gus Grivas took the report.
- P.O. John Young responded to a report of criminal mischief at a Prospect Ave. residence on September 29.
- On September 29 P.O. Anthony Marone responded to a report of an assault at Funtime America, County Rd.
- An unlocked vehicle parked on Gaston St. was entered and a quantity of cash was taken on September 30. P.O. Mary Johnston investigated.
- On October 1 P.O. Craig Hausmann investigated a report of harassment on Cliffwood Ave.
- A resident of Cross Ave. reported someone entered her vehicle and removed items on October 1. P.O. Jeffrey Griffith investigated.
- On October 1 a Lloyd Rd. resident reported someone stole items offered for sale at his garage sale. Special Officer Michael Scarpa investigated.
- P.O. Michael Lasko responded to a report of identity theft reported on October 2 by a Darwin Way resident.
- On October 2 damage to a trailer parked at a Cliffwood Ave. business was reported to P.O. Jeffrey Griffith.