Editor's note: An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 296 calls for service between February 27 and March 5, 2013, including ten suspicious persons/vehicles; nine alarms; 20 first aid calls; 12 motor vehicle crashes; nine thefts; three domestic violence incidents, two noise complaints; one disorderly persons, one criminal mischief, and 78 motor vehicle stops, according to Police Chief John Powers. Officers also issued 84 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police made the following arrests February 27, 2013 through March 5, 2013:
- Louis Nanna arrested a 21-year-old Cliffwood Ave. resident for violation of a court order on February 27.
- Deborah A. Kelly, 60, of North Concourse, Aberdeen, after she struck two parked vehicles in the parking lot of the Aberdeen municipal building on February 27. Special Officer Michael Scarpa was the arresting officer and was assisted by P.O. Brian Alberti.
- Jason M. Timney-Stepnanian, 21, Denville, was charged with driving while intoxicated, reckless driving, and possession of open alcohol in a motor vehicle following an incident on Hwy. 35 on February 27. P.O. Edgar Serrano was the arresting officer.
- A 20-year-old Matawan man was arrested for shoplifting at the A & P store, Hwy. 35, on February 28 by P.O. Roger Peter.
- P.O. Anthony Marone arrested a 23-year-old Asbury Park man on a contempt of court warrant out of Aberdeen municipal court on March 1.
- P.O. Michael Lasko arrested a 25-year-old Holmdel man on a contempt of court warrant out of Hackensack municipal court on March 1.
- On March 1 Det. Louis Nanna arrested a 37-year-old Matawan man for shoplifting at the Stop and Shop store, Hwy. 34, on February 27.
- On March 1 Det. Louis Nanna arrested a 27-year-old Grove St. woman for shoplifting at the Shop Rite store, Lloyd Rd., on February 12.
- P.O. Roger Peter arrested a 34-year-old township man on contempt warrants out of Orange, Warren, Hazlet, Aberdeen, and East Brunswick municipal courts following a motor vehicle stop on Netherwood Dr. on March 1.
- P.O. Edgar Serrano charged a 22-year-old township man with simple assault following an incident on Netherwood Drive on March 2.
- Tamas Toth, 28, Prospect Ave., Aberdeen, was charged with driving while intoxicated by P.O. Anthony Marone following a motor vehicle stop on Cliffwood Ave. on March 3. He was also charged with refusal to submit a breath sample, reckless driving, and other motor vehicle offenses.
- A 36-year-old Hazlet resident was charged with shoplifting on March 3 at the A & P store, Hwy. 35. She was also wanted on contempt warrants out of Aberdeen municipal court. P.O. Mary Johnston and P.O. John Young were the arresting officers.
- Patrick M. Dougherty, 31, of Cindy Ct., Brick, was charged with driving while intoxicated, driving the wrong way on a one-way street, and reckless driving after a motor vehicle crash on Hwy. 35 on March 4. P.O. Raymond Campbell was the arresting officer.
- P.O. Darryl Richardson arrested a 29-year-old Newark man on a contempt of court warrant out of Aberdeen municipal court on March 4.
- Sgt. Matthew Lloyd arrested a 35-year-old Englishtown man on a contempt of court warrant out of Aberdeen municipal court on March 4.
- Nancy E. Britt, 54, of Edgemere Dr., Matawan, was charged with driving while intoxicated, improper passing, failure to exhibit a driver’s license, and reckless driving after a motor vehicle crash on Hwy. 34 on March 5. P.O. Frank Maisano was the arresting officer.
- A 20-year-old township man was charged with possession of a hypodermic syringe on March 5 after he was found parked in the beachfront fishing area on Lakeshore Drive. P.O. Raymond Campbell was the arresting officer.
Other police activity during that period:
- On February 27 a Netherwood Drive man reported he was the victim of an attempted telephone solicitation scam. P.O. Christopher DeSarno investigated.
- P.O. Craig Hausmann took a report of harassing phone calls on Courtland Lane on February 28.
- On February 28 P.O. Anthony Marone investigated a report of harassment on Matawan Ave.
- On March 1 P.O. Michael Lasko investigated a report of a theft at a business on Cliffwood Ave.
- On March 1 a West Concourse resident reported the theft of wrought iron patio furniture from her yard. P.O. Michael Lasko investigated.
- P.O. Christopher DeSarno responded to a report of a disorderly person on Andover Lane on March 4.
- P.O. Christopher DeSarno investigated the theft of two commercial truck batteries from a marina on Amboy Ave. on March 4.
- On March 4 a Seawood Drive resident reported the fraudulent use of his bank card. P.O. Christopher DeSarno took the report.
- On March 4 a vehicle belonging to a North Plainfield resident was broken into while parked at Avalon apartments, Central Ave., and electronics and two pairs of boots were taken. P.O. Anthony Valentino investigated.
- On March 4 at approximately 11:00 PM a male subject entered the Raceway gas station, Hwy. 34, showed a handgun and demanded money. P.O. Martin Walsh conducted the initial investigation. Hazlet P.O. Kevin Geoghan and his K-9, Diablo, assisted. Sgt. Hank Chevalier is continuing the investigation.
- A 1993 black Honda Civic was reported stolen from Strathmore Garden apartments, South Atlantic Ave., on March 5. P.O. Anthony Valentino responded.