10. UPDATE: 19-Year-Old Killed in Route 35 Accident Christmas Eve Morning
Hazlet Township Police Chief James Broderick has released details about the three motor vehicle accidents that occurred on a one-mile stretch of Route 35 in Hazlet Township on Christmas Eve morning, which caused traffic delays and brief power outages in the area. Here is his report:
9. Truck Driver Gets Stuck on Flooded Street in Cliffwood Beach
A truck driver found himself in too deep Thursday morning after attempting to navigate through a flooded Cliffwood Beach street.
8. Police: Keyport Gas Station Mistakenly Distributes Jet Fuel
Delta Gas Station on Route 36 in Keyport was shut down Friday after the Monmouth County Sheriff's Office reported to local police that jet fuel was mistakenly delivered to that station and a station in Manasquan, according to a press release from Keyport Police Chief Butch Casaletto
7. Mediterranean Chateau Opens Strong in Wake of Sandy
Opening a restaurant can be difficult, but opening a restaurant the same week as the most devastating natural disaster in recent history is impossible.
6. Newly Listed Homes in Matawan and Aberdeen
Several homes were recently listed for sale in the Matawan-Aberdeen area. Click through the image gallery to see the homes.
Located along the Raritan Bay in Union Beach, the yellow brick home stood for 150 years before Sandy caused damage beyond repair. On Friday, Jon Zois and his family watched as the historic building was demolished, finishing the job the storm started.
4. Matawan Apartment Building Evacuated After Partial Foundation Collapse
A Matawan apartment building at the intersection of Mill Road and Freneau Avenue was evacuated Monday afternoon after a portion of the foundation collapsed.
3. Monmouth Prosecutor's Office Busts Multimilion-Dollar Heroin Ring
A massive sweep of a multimillion-dollar heroin ring led to charges against 52 people, Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni announced during a press conference in Freehold on Monday.
2. Ravine Drive Closed Due to Flood Damage Suffered During Wednesday's Storm
Ravine Drive between Main Street and Matawan Avenue will remain closed for one to two weeks after flood water from Lake Lefferts again damaged the roadway, according to Sgt. Thomas Falco who is the Matawan office of emergency management coordinator.
1. Aberdeen Man Accused of Performing Lewd Acts in View of Teen Girls
An Aberdeen man was arrested Wednesday and charged with two counts each of criminal sexual assault and endangering the welfare of a child after a November incident near VFW Park on Cliffwood Avenue.