The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 340 calls for service between May 8 and May 14, 2013, including twelve suspicious persons/vehicles; ten alarms; 23 first aid calls; twelve motor vehicle crashes; four thefts; four domestic violence incidents, five disorderly persons, one assault, four criminal mischief incidents, two noise complaints, and 140 motor vehicle stops, according to Police Chief John Powers. Officers also issued 124 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police made the following arrests May 8, 2013 through May 14, 2013:
- P.O. Anthony Marone arrested a 36-year-old Old Bridge woman on a contempt warrant out of Aberdeen municipal court on May 8.
- A 20-year-old township man was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia following a motor vehicle stop on Line Rd. on May 9. P.O. Anthony Marone was the arresting officer
- P.O. John Zeller arrested a 57-year-old Aberdeen man on contempt warrants out of Aberdeen and Matawan municipal courts following a motor vehicle stop on Atlantic Ave. on May 11. He was also charged with driving while supended.
- Sean F. Finley, 21, of Cliffwood Ave., was arrested by P.O. Edgar Serrano on a Superior Court warrant on May 11.
- P.O. Mary Johnston arrested a 25-year-old Aberdeen man on a contempt warrant out of Metuchen municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Cliffwood Ave. on May 12.
- A 58-year-old township man was charged with simple assault following an incident on Bayview St. on May 13. P.O. Matthew McDow was the arresting officer.
- A 63-year-old township man was charged with making false public alarms following an incident on Shore Concourse on May 13. P.O. Matthew McDow was the arresting officer.
- P.O. Jeffrey Griffith arrested a 35-year-old Aberdeen woman for theft of services on May 13. P.O. Michael Lasko conducted the initial investigation.
Other police activity during that period:
- On May 9 P.O. Martin Walsh responded to a report of an intoxicated male in crisis at Matawan Terrace apartments.
- P.O. John Zeller responded to a report of harassment on County Rd. on May 9.
- On May 11 several Aberdeen Rd. residents reported damage to their mailboxes during the night. P.O. Mary Johnston responded.
- On May 12 P.O. Edgar Serrano responded to a disorderly persons report on Salem Pl.
- On May 12 a North Concourse woman reported she was harassed while she was at the A & P store, Hwy. 35. P.O. Mary Johnston responded.
- A resident of Greenwood Ave. reported someone trespassed on her property on May 12. P.O. Matthew McDow responded.
- On May 13 P.O. Michael Lasko took a report of harassment on Randall Way.
- On May 13 a Matawan woman was charged with careless driving following a motor vehicle crash on Ayrmont Lane. There were no reported injuries. P.O. Michael Plant investigated.
- On May 13 a resident of Avalon apartments, Central Ave., reported someone took a package that had been delivered to her front door. P.O. Edgar Serrano took the report.
- On May 13 a resident of Cross Ave., reported someone took a package that had been delivered to his front door. P.O. Edgar Serrano took the report.
- An employee of Dollar Discount, Hwy. 34, reported the theft of her cell phone. P.O. Jeffrey Griffith took the report.
- On May 14 a resident of Pinehurst Drive reported the theft of jewelry from her home. P.O. Matthew McDow responded.
Editor's note: This report was put together by Police Chief John Powers. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.