The annual township celebration will take place on Saturday, Sept. 21, continuing last year’s expanded format featuring events at Matawan Regional High School and additional locations around town.
Events are scheduled throughout the township from morning to night. The day will start with fishing at Cliffwood Beach and a fair at the High School, followed by a parking lot party, talent show and softball game in an effort to showcase all areas of the township.
The 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
celebration at Matawan Regional High School will remain the primary
attraction, hosting longtime favorites such as free rides for
children, a classic car show, entertainment, crafts, food, vendor booths, informational displays by local non-profit organizations and more.
New to Aberdeen Day will be the NFL’s Punt, Pass and Kick (PP&K) Competition, beginning at 1:00 p.m. at the high school football field. PP&K is a national skills competition for boys and girls between the ages of 6 through 15 to compete separately against their peers in five separate age divisions. Participation is free-of-charge.
The High School celebration will be augmented by a series of events throughout the day at locations around town including:
- A fishing contest at Cliffwood Beach from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Business Expos at Colonial Plaza (the Stop & Shop center) and the High School, which will include information about the Aberdeen Economic Business Council (EBC)
- Parking lot events at various shopping centers sponsored by DeMarco’s at Colonial Plaza and Livoti’s and Gallo’s Wine Cellar at Aberdeen Town Square, both on Route 34 from noon to 4:00 p.m.
- The ‘Aberdeen’s Got Talent’ Competition at the AMF Shopping Center on Route 34, from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- A ‘Mayors Trophy’ softball game between Aberdeen’s Fire Companies, Police Department and Department of Public Works at Fireman’s Field (Lloyd Road and Gaston Street) at 7:30 p.m.
Aberdeen Day 2013 is being coordinated by The Aberdeen Recreation Department and the Aberdeen Economic Business Council.For information on Aberdeen Day, call Aberdeen Township Public Information Officer Brittany Frederick, (732) 583-4200, ext. 130 or visit www.aberdeennj.org.