Small Kitchen Fire in Sutton Drive Apartment Quickly Contained
The Matawan Borough Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire in an apartment Tuesday morning.
A kitchen fire was quickly brought under control in a Sutton Drive apartment Tuesday morning.
The 911 call came in slightly after 8 a.m.. Matawan Ptl. Chris Stark arrived on the scene and entered the apartment in the "O" building, finding that the apartment was empty except for a Shih Tzu, Lt. Ben Smith said.
Stark brough the Shih Tzu outside as the Matawan Borough Fire Deparment entered the apartment. A fire was found in the kitchen, where a stove burner with a pot on it was left on, Smith said. The fire had begun to spread to the walls, but was brought under control by the fire department by 8:45 a.m.
No one was displaced by the fire.
The Keyport Fire Department and the Aberdeen Fire Department also responded to the scene.