Most Viewed Stories on Matawan-Aberdeen Patch in November
Take a look at the most viewed stories in the area in November.
10. Three People Injured in Thanksgiving Eve Car Accident on Ravine Drive in Matawan
Three people were injured in a two-vehicle collision on Ravine Drive in Matawan on Thanksgiving eve, according to Sgt. Jeremiah Hourihan. Read more.
9. Aberdeen Says JCP&L Estimates Full Restoration by Nov. 10
Aberdeen Township can expect full restoration by Saturday, Nov. 10, according to an emergency notification alert issued by Police Chief John Powers. The estimated date for full restoration was provided to the township by JCP&L. Read more.
8. Matawan Holds Public Information Meeting to Address Power Outages
The Matawan Borough Council and the Office of Emergency Management held a public information meeting Monday night to address residents' concerns and frustrations about ongoing power outages, a lack of communication, and a lack of answers from JCP&L. Read more.
7. Old Bridge Mayor Offers Information to Residents in Aftermath of Sandy
A letter from Owen Henry offers information on power restoration, shelters, and water. Read more.
6. Matawan-Aberdeen Schools Closed All Week
Matawan-Aberdeen public schools will remain closed throughout this week and are expected to reopen on Monday, Nov. 12, said Board of Education President Charles Kenny. Read more.
5. PHOTOS: Hurricane Sandy Sweeps Away Bayshore Businesses, Destroys Houses
Wide eyes took in the scene on West Front Street in Keyport Tuesday morning, as bayshore residents crunched over the carnage of their beloved local businesses and marinas. Read more and see photos.
4. UPDATE: Victim Identified In Route 36 Fatal Car Accident
Hazlet Police are investigating a fatal accident at Route 36 and Munro Avenue, also known as Monroe Avenue, around midnight last night. According to Lt. Charles McBride, a 27-year old woman from Matawan died at the scene of a single car crash. "Speed was probably a contributing factor," he said in a statement. No criminal activity is suspected, he said. Read more.
3. PHOTO: Aerial View of Union Beach
1st Lt. Vincent Solomeno of the New Jersey National Guard shared his photo of an aerial view of his hometown of Union Beach. See the photo.
2. Hurricane Sandy Takes Bite Out of Historic Waterfront Home in Union Beach
The 150-year-old waterfront home stood strong through numerous storms, but Sandy's raging winds and rising tides took a chunk out of this historic home. Read more.
1. Outages Decrease in Matawan-Aberdeen Area, However Thousands Still in the Dark
Thousands of residents of Matawan, Aberdeen and Keyport lost power when Hurricane Sandy rolled through the area on Monday, Oct. 29. Seven days later, many are still in the dark. Read more.