Aberdeen PD: Simple Assault, Theft
A look at Aberdeen Township Police activity between Feb. 6 and Feb. 12.
Editor’s note: An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 323 calls for service between February 6 and February 12, 2013, including 10 suspicious persons/vehicles; 14 alarms; 15 first aid calls; 16 motor vehicle crashes; five thefts; four domestic violence incidents, one noise complaint; one criminal mischief incident, four disorderly person, and 105 motor vehicle stops, according to Police Chief John Powers. Officers also reportedly issued 86 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police made the following arrests February 6, 2013 through February 12, 2013:
- P.O. Mary Johnston arrested a 26-year-old Old Bridge woman on a contempt of court warrant out of Aberdeen municipal court on February 7.
- P.O. Jeffrey Griffith arrested a 21-year-old township man on a contempt of court warrant out of Marlboro municipal court on February 7.
- P.O. Matthew McDow arrested a 43-year-old township man on a contempt of court warrant out of Woodbridge and South Amboy municipal courts on February 7.
- P.O. Roger Peter arrested a 33-year-old Somerset man on a contempt of court warrant out of Aberdeen municipal court on February 7.
- P.O. Raymond Campbell arrested a 23-year-old Holmdel woman for contempt of court out of Holmdel municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Lloyd Rd. on February 9.
- A 37-year-old township man was charged with simple assault following an incident on Cliffwood Ave. on February 10. P.O. Martin Walsh was the arresting officer.
Other police activity during that period:
- On February 6 P.O. Craig Hausmann investigated a report that a customer at the Singin gas station, Lower Main St., left without paying for $55.00 worth of gasoline.
- P.O. John Young responded to theft and harassment reports at a residence on Hamilton Ave. on February 6.
- On February 7 a North Concourse resident reported a neighbor improperly disposed of waste oil. P.O. Michael Lasko investigated.
- P.O. Martin Walsh investigated a report of harassment on Greenwood Ave. on February 8.
- P.O. Frank Maisano responded to a report of harassment on Shore Concourse on February 8.
- Sgt. Raymond Sosa responded to a landlord-tenant dispute on Locust St. on February 10.
- P.O. Darryl Richardson responded to a report of harassment on Beaver Pl. on February 10.
- On February 11 P.O. Christopher DeSarno investigated a report of an assault at Custom Bandag, Prospect Ave.
- P.O. Frank Maisano took a report of harassing phone calls on Newland Pl. on February 11.
- P.O. Anthony Valentino investigated a trespassing complaint on Milton Ave. on February 11.
- On February 12 it was reported that two females were seen on video shoplifting items at the Shop Rite store, Lloyd Rd. P.O. Mary Johnston took the report and Det. Louis Nanna is continuing the investigation.
- On February 12 a township reported someone damaged his vehicle while parked at Aberdeen Townsquare, Highway 34. P.O. Roger Peter responded.