Aberdeen PD: DWI, Shoplifting
Aberdeen Township Police responded to or initiated 301 calls for service between Jan. 1 and Jan. 8, 2013.
The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 301 calls for service between Jan. 1 and Jan. 8, 2013, including 14 suspicious persons/vehicles, 19 alarms, 23 first aid calls, 13 motor vehicle crashes, four thefts, seven domestic violence incidents, four noise complaints; one criminal mischief incident, four disorderly persons, one burglary and 89 motor vehicle stops, according to Police Chief John Powers. Officers also issued 55 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police made the following arrests Jan. 1 through Jan. 8, 2013:
- Torry Clifford Ford, 53, Winter Haven, FL, was charged on Jan. 1 with driving while intoxicated, reckless driving, and leaving the scene of an accident following a motor vehicle crash on Cliffwood Ave. P.O. Raymond Campbell made the arrest.
- On Jan. 1 Christian Mead, 23, of Milton Avenue, Aberdeen, was arrested for burglary, theft, and criminal mischief that occurred at a Milton Avenue residence on Dec. 27, 2012, at approximately 12:30 a.m.
- Special Officer Michael Scarpa arrested a 51-year-old Holmdel woman for shoplifting at the Shop Rite store, Lloyd Rd. on Jan. 2.
- P.O. Matthew McDow arrested a 26-year-old Marlboro man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on Jan. 2.
- P.O. Matthew McDow arrested a 39-year-old Aberdeen man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on Jan. 3.
- On Jan. 4 Det. Louis Nanna arrested a 34-year-old Freehold man for issuing bad checks.
- P.O. Matthew McDow arrested a 45-year-old Aberdeen man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on Jan. 4.
- P.O. Matthew McDow arrested a 28-year-old Aberdeen man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on Jan. 4.
- P.O. Edgar Serrano arrested a 33-year-old Aberdeen woman for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on Jan. 5.
- On Jan. 7 P.O. Gus Grivas arrested a 45-year-old resident of Salem Pl. on a non-support warrant out of Monmouth County Superior Court.
- A 49-year-old Marlboro man was arrested by Det. Manny Carabel on Jan. 7 for harassment in connection with an incident on Andover Lane on Jan. 1.
- On Jan. 8 a Monmouth County Park System ranger charged a 16-year-old Matawan youth with aggravated assault after he was struck by an ATV the juvenile was operating on the Henry Hudson Trail near Texas Rd. The juvenile was also issued motor vehicle summonses. P.O. Christopher DeSarno responded.
- On Jan. 8 P.O. Gus Grivas arrested a 40-year-old resident of Beverly Dr. for harassment.
- Special Officer Michael Scarpa arrested a 23-year-old Plainsboro woman for contempt of court out of Monroe municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Highway 35 on Jan. 8. She was also issued a summons for driving while suspended.
- On Jan. 1 officers responded to a report of a missing man in the area of Woodmere Dr. The man was found and returned to his home in Hazlet. P.O. Raymond Campbell investigated.
- P.O. John Zeller investigated a report of harassment on Beaver Pl. on Jan. 1.
- On Jan. 2 the owner of a Highway 34 business reported theft of services. P.O. Gus Grivas investigated.
- On Jan. 2 P.O. Darryl Richardson responded to a report of internet fraud on Gloucester Ct.
- On Jan. 3 a Shore Concourse resident reported the fraudulent use of her vehicle information. P.O. Mary Johnston responded.
- A 25-year-old Keyport man was charged with leaving the scene of an accident after striking a parked vehicle in a Highway 34 parking lot on Jan. 3. P.O. Roger Peter investigated.
- On Jan. 4 P.O. John Young investigated the theft of a laptop computer and several pairs of shoes from a Matawan Terrace resident.
- On Jan. 4 Special Officer Michael Scarpa responded to an assault at Matawan Terrace apartments.
- On Jan. 5 a resident of Matawan Terrace apartments reported an attempted burglary of her apartment. P.O. Anthony Marone investigated.
- P.O. Anthony Marone responded to a fight at a North Concourse residence on Jan. 5.
- On Jan. 6 P.O. John Young found that someone had dumped furniture and garbage at the Cliffwood Beach fishing area.
- P.O. Matthew McDow investigated an assault on Idaho Lane reported on Jan. 6.
- On Jan. 8 a resident of Woodland Dr. reported the fraudulent use of his ATM card. P.O. Gus Grivas responded.
- P.O. Darryl Richardson investigated a report of harassment on South Atlantic Ave. on Jan. 8.