Aberdeen PD: DWI, Shoplifting
A look at police activity in Aberdeen between Jan. 16 and Jan. 22.
The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 355 calls for service between Jan. 16 and Jan. 22, 2013, including 19 suspicious persons or vehicles; 16 alarms; 16 first aid calls; 20 motor vehicle crashes; two thefts; one domestic violence incident, two noise complaints; two criminal mischief incidents, one disorderly person, five burglaries, and 135 motor vehicle stops, according to Police Chief John Powers. Officers also issued 89 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police Department made the following arrests Jan. 16 though Jan. 22:
- P.O. Raymond Campbell arrested a 39-year-old Aberdeen man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on January 16.
- On January 16 Det. Louis Nanna arrested a 40-year-old Beverly Drive man for criminal mischief.
- Sgt. Matthew Lloyd arrested a 42-year-old Matawan Ave. woman for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on January 17.
- P.O. Anthony Valentino arrested a 50-year-old Marlboro woman for contempt of court out of Keansburg municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Lloyd Rd. on January 17.
- A 29-year-old township woman was charged with simple assault following an incident on South Atlantic Ave. on January 18. P.O. Martin Walsh was the arresting officer.
- P.O. Christopher DeSarno arrested a Wayne E. Hegel, Jr., New York Ave., Neptune, for contempt of court out of Monmouth County following an incident on Cliffwood Ave. on January 18. He was also charged with shoplifting in connection with three previous incidents at the Stop and Shop store, Lloyd Rd. Det. Louis Nanna investigated.
- P.O. Christopher DeSarno arrested a 20-year-old Brick man for contempt of court out of Newark municipal court following an incident on Cliffwood Ave. on January 18.
- Patricia Sandoval, 19, Wells Dr., Parlin, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of Xanax on Wellstead Way on January 18. Sgt. Matthew Lloyd was the arresting officer.
- P.O. Frank Maisano arrested a 19-year-old township man on January 19 for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court.
- Derek L. Nash, 47, Huntley Rd., Holmdel, was charged with driving while intoxicated, reckless driving, and failing to maintain a lane following a motor vehicle stop on Highway 35 on January 19. Sgt. Matthew Lloyd was the arresting officer and was assisted by P.O. Frank Maisano and P.O. Edgar Serrano.
- P.O. Michael Lasko arrested a 32-year-old Marjorie St. man on contempt of court warrants out of Middlesex County Superior Court and Aberdeen and Elizabeth municipal courts on January 19.
- P.O. Roger Peter arrested a 27-year-old Keyport man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on January 20.
- On January 21 P.O. Mary Johnston arrested a 55-year-old Spring Lake woman for violation of a court order.
- A nail salon on Cliffwood Ave. was reported burglarized sometime during the night on January 16. Entry was gained by forcing open a front door. Nothing of value was taken. P.O. Christopher DeSarno responded and Det. Louis Nanna is continuing the investigation.
- On January 16 someone attempted to gain entry to a Shore Concourse residence through the front door sometime during the daytime hours. P.O. John Zeller responded.
- On January 17 it was reported that someone entered an apartment in the Ken Gardens complex, Matawan Ave. Entry was gained through a rear sliding glass door and nothing was reported taken. P.O. John Zeller responded.
- A bagel shop on Highway 35 and Cliffwood Ave. was burglarized on the evening of January 17. Entry was gained by forcing open a rear door. A quantity of cash was taken from two cash registers. P.O. Raymond Campbell conducted the initial investigation.
- On January 18 a resident of Edinburgh Ct. reported she was being harassed by a neighbor. P.O. Darryl Richardson took the report.
- P.O. Darryl Richardson responded to a report of a suspicious person at the Shop Rite store, Lloyd Rd. on January 18.
- P.O. Michael Lasko investigated a reported assault at a Seawood Dr. residence on January 19.
- P.O. John Young responded to the burglary of a home on South Amboy Ave. that took place while the resident was out. Entry was gained through a bedroom window sometime between 4:00 PM on January 19 and 3:00 AM January 20. A television was taken.
- P.O. Anthony Marone responded to a report of harassment on Ferris Pl. on January 21.
- An Aberdeen resident was charged with careless driving on January 21 after the car he was driving struck two parked cars on Line Rd. There were no reported injuries. P.O. Michael Plant investigated.
- A resident of Dawn Way reported her identity had been compromised due to an online scam. P.O. Michael Lasko investigated.
- On January 22 a Gloucester Ct. resident reported harassing phone calls. P.O. Mary Johnston took the report.