Aberdeen PD: DWI, Harassment
Aberdeen police activity between Aug. 29 and Sept. 4, 2012
The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 272 calls for service between Aug. 29 and Sept. 4, 2012, including twelve suspicious persons/vehicles; 13 alarms; 15 first aid calls; 23 motor vehicle crashes; six thefts; seven domestic violence incidents, six noise complaints; two criminal mischief incidents, three burglaries and 85 motor vehicle stops, according to Chief of Police John Powers. Officers also issued 73 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police made the following arrests August 29, 2012 through September 4, 2012:
- P.O. Jeffrey Griffith arrested a 21-year-old Old Bridge woman for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on August 29.
- Brian McInerney, 52, Matawan, was arrested for driving while intoxicated by P.O. Roger Peter following a motor vehicle stop on Highway 35 on August 29. He was also charged with refusal to submit to a breath test, speeding, reckless driving, and failure to signal.
- P.O. Anthony Marone arrested a 36-year-old Central Ave. man for contempt of court out of Plainsboro municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Lower Main St.on August 30.
- P.O. Michael Lasko arrested a 41-year-old Avondale man for contempt of court out of Monmouth County Superior Court on August 30.
- P.O. Matthew McDow arrested a 49-year-old Central Ave. woman for contempt of court out of Readington Twp. on August 30.
- P.O. Roger Peter arrested a 20-year-old Middletown man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on August 30.
- A 20-year-old Matawan woman was arrested for shoplifting at the Shop Rite store, Lloyd Rd., on August 31 by P.O. Michael Lasko.
- P.O. Anthony Marone arrested a 27-year-old Edgeview Rd. man for contempt of court out of Keansburg municipal court on August 31.
- Special Officer Michael Scarpa arrested a 43-year-old Brookside Ave. woman for contempt of court out of Old Bridge municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Cliffwood Ave. on August 31.
- Erik A. Williams, 20, Greenwood Ave., Aberdeen, was charged with obstruction of justice and contempt of court out of Old Bridge and Sayreville municipal court on September 3. P.O. Matthew Lloyd was the arresting officer.
- William F. Butler, 75, Fairfield Way, was arrested for driving while intoxicated, reckless driving, and eluding police by P.O. Gus Grivas following an incident on Prospect Ave. on September 3. P.O. Matthew Lloyd and Sgt. Hank Chevalier assisted.
- Denis Gorbunov, 27, Staten Island, NY, was arrested on September 4 and charged with receiving stolen property and contempt of court by P.O. Martin Walsh. A vehicle reported stolen from Staten Island was recovered from a business on County Rd. on August 27. Sgt. Hank Chevalier and Det. Louis Nanna assisted in the investigation. The contempt warrants were issued out of Helmetta and Shrewsbury municipal courts.
- A 21-year-old Matawan woman was arrested by P.O. Christopher DeSarno for criminal mischief on September 4 following an incident on Harrison Ave.
- P.O. Anthony Marone arrested a 31-year-old Old Bridge woman for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on September 4.
- P.O. Anthony Marone arrested a 35-year-old Old Bridge man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on September 4.
Other police activity during that period:
- On August 29 a resident of Donna Place reported someone used her debit card number to make fraudulent purchases in New York. P.O. Anthony Marone responded.
- On August 29 a resident of Dolan Ave. reported someone used his debit card to make nine fraudulent purchases. P.O. Matthew McDow responded.
- On August 30 the owner of a vacant residence on Salem Pl reported that sometime over the past week someone removed the copper piping from the home. Also taken were a concrete bird bath, barbecue grill, and metal gardening cages. Det. Louis Nanna is investigating.
- P.O. Roger Peter responded to a report of harassment at a nail salon on Highway 35 on August 30.
- On August 31 someone entered a residence on Maxwell St. and took a pocketbook. P.O. Anthony Marone investigated.
- P.O. Anthony Marone investigated the burglary of a Lakeshore Drive home on August 31. Entry was gained through a rear sliding glass door and a quantity of cash was taken. Det. Manny Carabel is continuing the investigation.
- P.O. Matthew Lloyd and P.O. Martin Walsh responded to a drug overdose at Midland Park on September 1.
- On September 1 P.O. Martin Walsh investigated a report of criminal mischief at a Jersey Ave. residence.
- P.O. Frank Maisano responded to a report of a missing person on West Concourse on September 2.
- P.O. Anthony Valentino responded to a neighbor dispute at Matawan Terrace apartments on September 2.
- On September 3 P.O. Martin Walsh investigated a report of theft at a Jersey Ave. residence.
- P.O. Christopher DeSarno responded to a report of trespassing at a Wilson Ave. residence on September 3.
- P.O. Frank Maisano responded to a report of harassment on Wayside Drive on September 4.