Aberdeen PD Blotter: Suspicious Persons, Shoplifting
Aberdeen Township Police responded to or initiated 360 calls for service between May 23 and May 29
The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 360 calls for service between May 23 and May 29, 2012, including 18 suspicious persons/vehicles, 18 alarms, 24 first aid calls, 12 motor vehicle crashes, two burglaries, five thefts, nine disorderly persons, eight domestic violence incidents, nine noise complaints, and 123 motor vehicle stops, according to Chief John Powers. Officers also issued 173 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police made the following arrests between May 23 and May 29, 2012:
- On May 23 a 28-year-old Carteret man was arrested for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court and Monmouth County Superior Court. He was also charged with violation of a restraining order.
- P.O. Craig Hausmann arrested a 24-year-old Elm Place woman for contempt of court out of Atlantic City municipal court on May 25.
- On May 25 John M. Schunck, 27, Brookside Ave., was charged by P.O. Craig Hausmann with robbery following an incident where he took money from a family member. He was also arrested by P.O. John Young on a contempt warrant out of Marlboro municipal court. He was committed to the Monmouth County Correctional Institution in default of bail.
- Evan J. Darragh, 32, Shore Concourse, was charged with driving while intoxicated, reckless driving, driving while suspended, and failure to wear a seat belt following a motor vehicle stop on Highway 35 on May 25 at 8:37 PM. He was also wanted on a contempt warrant out of Aberdeen municipal court. P.O. Matthew Lloyd and P.O. Frank Maisano were the arresting officers.
- Special Officer Michael Scarpa arrested a 23-year-old Linden woman for contempt of court out of Monroe Township municipal court following a motor vehicle stop on Highway 34 on May 26
- Dean R. Butler, 36, Lorraine Dr., Aberdeen, was charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, resisting arrest, throwing bodily fluids at a law enforcement officer, and terroristic threats following two incidents at his residence over the weekend of May 26/27. Special Officer Michael Scarpa and P.O. Craig Hausmann were the arresting officers.
- On May 27 P.O. Michael Lasko arrested a 50-year-old Keansburg man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court.
- On May 27 P.O. John Young arrested a 34-year-old Matawan man for contempt of court out of Sayreville municipal court.
- P.O. Matthew McDow arrested a 30-year-old Lower Main St. woman for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on May 27.
- On May 28 P.O. Frank Maisano arrested a 27-year-old Keansburg man for contempt of court out of Monmouth County Superior Court while the officer was working a Click-It-or-Ticket seat belt enforcement detail on Lloyd Rd.
- A 21-year-old West Prospect Ave. man was arrested on Rose St. for possession of under 50 grams of marijuana and contempt of court out of Sayreville municipal court on May 29 by P.O. Matthew Lloyd.
- P.O. Anthony Valentino arrested a 32-year-old Matawan man for contempt of court out of Aberdeen municipal court on May 29.
Other police activity during that period:
- On May 23 P.O. Darryl Richardson responded to a report of disorderly conduct at the Stop and Shop store on Hwy. 34.
- On May 23 P.O. Martin Walsh investigated the theft of a bicycle from the Krauszer’s convenience store on South Concourse.
- A Beaver Place resident reported she was harassed on May 23. P.O. Edgar Serrano responded.
- On May 24 P.O. John Young took a report of suspicious persons on Gulden St.
- P.O. John Young responded to a report of harassment on South Concourse on May 25.
- On May 25 a resident of Andover Lane reported the fraudulent transfer of money from her bank account. P.O. Mary Johnston investigated.
- On May 25 P.O. Jeffrey Griffith responded to a report of shoplifting at the CVS store, South Atlantic Ave.
- P.O. Mary Johnston investigated reported theft and criminal mischief at the Delta gas station on Hwy. 34 reported on May 26. A credit card machine, DVR, and cash were reported stolen.
- On May 26 P.O. Matthew McDow investigated the theft of jewelry, personal items, and cash from a residence in Oak Ridge Manor, Cliffwood Ave.
- P.O. Jeffrey Griffith responded to a disorderly persons report at Strathmore Gardens, Atlantic Ave. on May 26.
- A resident of Gulden St. reported the theft of medication on May 27. P.O. Craig Hausmann took the report.
- On May 28 P.O. Frank Maisano took a missing person report on Island Place.
- Officers responded to the burglary of an apartment in the Tree Haven III complex, Aberdeen Road, that took place while the resident was at home the morning of May 29. An altercation ensued and the victim stabbed the intruder with a steak knife.
Editor's Note: The above information was supplied by the Aberdeen Township Police Department. An arrest does not indicated a conviction.