Aberdeen PD: Aggravated Assault, DWI
Aberdeen Township Police activity between July 18 and July 24, 2012
Editor's note: The information in this blotter was reported by the Aberdeen Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
The Aberdeen Township Police Department responded to or initiated 266 calls for service between July 18 and July 24, 2012, including 18 suspicious persons/vehicles; 15 alarms; 22 first aid calls; 12 motor vehicle crashes; five burglaries; eight thefts; one domestic violence incident, six noise complaints; and 82 motor vehicle stops, according to Chief of Police John Powers. Officers also issued 63 motor vehicle summonses.
The Aberdeen Township Police made the following arrests July 18, 2012 through July 24, 2012:
- On July 18 P.O. John Zeller arrested a 32-year-old Aberdeen man for shoplifting at the Shop Rite store on Lloyd Rd.
- A 13-year-old Aberdeen youth was charged with eluding police and other motor vehicle charges following a crash on Lloyd Rd. on July 19. P.O. Anthony Marone was the investigating officer.
- Collin Scully, 27, Aberdeen, was charged with aggravated assault, criminal mischief, and possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose following an incident on Lower Main St. on July 20. P.O. Louis Nanna was the arresting officer.
- P.O. Roger Peter charged Erica L. Apple, 37, of Woodbridge, with driving while intoxicated, speeding, and reckless driving following a motor vehicle stop on Highway 34 on July 22.
- A 46- year-old Aberdeen man was arrested for contempt of court out of Middletown municipal court on July 22. P.O. Louis Nanna was the arresting officer.
- Daquan D. Esdaile, 19, Aberdeen, was arrested on July 23 for obstruction of justice, criminal attempt, and criminal mischief in connection with the burglary of a Sweetbriar St. residence. Det. Sgt. Michael O’Dwyer and P.O. Roger Peter investigated. (Esdaile also faces robbery charges in Matawan.)
- P.O. John Zeller arrested a 49-year-old Marlboro man for harassment and violation of a court order on July 23.
- P.O. Martin Walsh arrested an 18-year-old Manalapan man on July 24 for resisting arrest related to an incident on July 17.