Aberdeen PD: 26 Speeding Summonses Issued in August
Officers also made 25 arrests for criminal and motor vehicle offenses.
The Aberdeen Township Police Department handled 10,345 calls-for-service between January 1, 2012 and August 31, 2012 including 1,218 in August.
Police activities for the month of August 2012 were as follows:
Summary of Traffic Summonses
362 summonses from 427 motor vehicle stops, including:
- 1 DWI Arrests
- 22 Suspended License Summonses
- 11 Reckless Driving Summonses
- 43 Careless Driving Summonses
- 26 Speeding Summonses
- 9 Uninsured Vehicle Summonses
46 motor vehicle crashes reported, including:
- 3 With Reported Injuries
- 0 Fatalities
29 arrests were made by department personnel during the month of August on court-issued warrants.
25 arrests were made by department officers for criminal and motor vehicle offenses during the month of August.
Directed Enforcement Details
66 documented directed enforcement details were completed during the month of August.
First Aid Calls
72 emergency first aid calls were answered by patrol officers during the month of August.
The detective bureau commenced 26 investigations during the month of August.
Aberdeen Township Police in the news in August:
- Accident Closes Section of Route 34 in Aberdeen Tuesday Night
- UPDATE: Accident Closes Section of Route 34 in Aberdeen Tuesday Night
- Newark Man Arrested for Allegedly Stabbing a Cab Driver in Aberdeen
- Cliffwood Beach Man Indicted on Cocaine Distribution Charges
- Connecticut Man Charged with Armed Robbery of CVS in Aberdeen
- Join the Aberdeen Police Department for National Night Out
- Aberdeen Man Charged with Aggravated Assault of a Police Officer
- Aberdeen PD: Several Cars Burglarized or Vandalized
- Aberdeen PD: Aggravated Assault, Burglary
- Aberdeen and Matawan Police Investigating Early Morning Burglaries
- Early Morning Chase Ends With Arrest in Aberdeen
See the May 2012 statistics here.